Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm OPEN

I’m open
With deep breathes
And long looks down blurry paths

I’m open
To all we can be
When days pass
And frowns
Outlast the laughs

When ain't nuffin going right
And burdens aint light
When separation goes from NEVER
To maybe
From maybe to might

I’m open
To u stripping to your empirical element
Uncovering those layers at the door

I’m open to being sore
if it means we retain the integrity of who we are
Of that, I’m open to more

I’m open
To letting u in
Slowly sharing bits of my soul

To making a decision to do this
Committing to my part
Allowing you to complete your role

I’m open
To breathing your desires
Each day blessing your song

I’m open to knowing
That even when the grass is greener in other places
Its color doesn’t last as long
Your tone has me running in circles
It’s YOUR deep hue that keeps me strong


I’m open to naked fears
With faith and security I’m dress them

If I had the time I’d count each of your dreams
Individually kiss them
And bless them

I’m open
To our layers
And our prayers
To the love vocals we sing

I’m open
To seeking you deep in Him
Finding and keeping
My good thing

Awww... I wrote this a few weeks ago and felt so-so about it ... but reading it again. I likes it...
thoughts...

Even when you were tired of being alone.. were you really ready to make yourself 'open?'
I know that I was not for so long...

9 comments:

  1. Awww...now I remember how cupid got me those years ago. lol

    Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it! All of it...To u stripping to your empirical element...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this really amazes me. i don't even get how you come up with words being put together like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know you had a blog. Had to come through to show some support. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I’m open to knowing
    That even when the grass is greener in other places
    Its color doesn’t last as long
    Your tone has me running in circles
    It’s YOUR deep hue that keeps me strong"

    beautiful...just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like...marriage includes everything you touched on. You have to be honest and open to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!!! It's about that real love, not everyone is lucky enough to experience. Being open means being totally trusting and that's crucial for the survival of a relationship (especially a marriage)

    ReplyDelete
  8. James, you really are King James for that poem. You have a way with words, that are thought provoking and insatiable at the same time. I love it and that stripping you down to your empirical element. Like making love to someones soul. Appreciate that makes me think there is love in the world and if I'm lucky I will find it.

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave your thoughts!