Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Poetics... Certainly

certainly
yes, sure will, yes
see that figure on some land
on some day
with the sum of two eyes
thinking of some way
to say some things
that have been some how
buried for some time now
and just maybe
through the rolling of the sum of two eyes
the twirling of some fingers
and the kicking of some rocks
and some deep swallowing
certainly...
some courage
will come from some where
yes, some deep place
resurrected and sum up
just some of the feelings
some young man said
some times
the pain of wishing
that you were some one else
can't be summed up
in a month of sundays
and so a tongue and some teeth
and the sum of two lips
will do some speaking
and some of the words would be...
Daddy, why did you leave us?
leave me?
Am I not someone worthy of love?
Would you have me be someone else…
yes, sure will, yes
certainly
.
.
.
Birthed through a blog Slam this morning (http://blackwomanlost.blogspot.com/). E Badu has a song named certainly and I took the title and used it to write a bit..
I aint really suffering conciously from 'dad stuff' anymore... but ..
thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Daddy, why did you leave us?
    leave me?
    Am I not someone worthy of love?
    I should have been someone else…
    certainly
    Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am late, but this piece went in a direction i didn't expect, and I love those kind of poems.... the type that grab you like in a thief in the night type of method... so to i will simply say, I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave your thoughts!