Monday, April 13, 2009

What exactly is the CHURCH FURNITURE FUND??


So yeah… Just thought I’d share some Easter happenings…

first off... Hey folks, don’t forget the folks who don’t have family in the area or don’t have many friends. Invite them over for drinks or food or just fellowship if you can. It’s tough being without family u know?

So anyway, I’m in the metro area on Sunday morning and tryna find a church to go to. Here’s all the folks who were absolutely NO HELP when I needed them to help me find a church.

Nicole N – early service and late calling back
Chelsea – 8am service so she could ‘get it over with’
Tony H – still aint call me back lol
Brittany – church was too far and started too late
Daysha – no help
Laydia – went too early
Brittni – she didn’t even go
Rutanya – no comment
Lanette – can’t remember her story
Kenya called me back all late! Thanks tho!

Yall some bamas! YOU ALL are the reason I don’t go to church as much as I should! Lol

So anyway, I start driving and roll my window down and ask this lady if she going to church and if I can follow her. She says yes after a shocked face and we drive to SE. If I knew it was the city, I would have followed this other couple lol.

It was 1st National Deliverance something… or other. Real nice folks, but just old school. Reminded me of my mama’s church. Like, if you catch the spirit, they stop everything and play the black folks’ shouting music for you and then cut it off when they feel you had enough. So that happened for a while. They took up more than one offering, another thing my mama’s church does.

What exactly is the CHURCH FURNITURE FUND??

I had to meet a friend at 1pm and at that time, the speaker was just getting up to preach. I didn’t even get to hear the WORD. Although it felt like everyone who got up to say anything was preaching.

Like... how do you start shouting when you only doing the announcements? No lie! My mama always says that when the spirit hits, you can’t rush it… I guess that’s why she stays in church all day.

And I realized that all the REALLY saved folks say Happy Resurrection day, not Happy Easter! lol

5 comments:

  1. ROFL

    That's how I know they're not getting any solid WORD in that church...too busy hollering and showing out.

    I'm all for expressions of joy and glorifying God during a church service. I do it myself. But when it's time to get fed and get into that Word, it's time to buckle down and get all you can.

    All that action is useless if not tempered by a solid teaching of the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what how u gonna call me out!!!

    Anyway if you really wanted to go with someone you wouldnt have called the day of!!!! And dont act like you dont know where my church is!!!!

    Nicole N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norris.. I forgot .. you didn't even call me back! you texted!

    we used to be such good friends.. but now? hm..

    ahhh the good ol' days! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harriet.. I feel you. I let folks do whatever they want.. and I just go about my own business... I guess that's why we have so many churches you know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to go to work, but on Sunday when I can go to church I know which one I can go to.

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave your thoughts!